- Deepen their understanding of the growth model and how to interpret growth reports,
- Engage with school/district growth data following a data analysis protocol, and
- Learn what growth reports are available and where to find them.
PRIOR to attending the workshop, participants are asked to view the following DESE on-line tutorials:
- Data Warehouse Growth Tutorial 1 – Introduction to Growth (11.5 minutes)
- Data Warehouse Growth Tutorial 2 - Scatter Plots (9 minutes)
- Data Warehouse Growth Tutorial 3 – Stacked Bar Charts (6 minutes)
The tutorials can be found at http://www.doe.mass.edu/mcas/growth/ under the header “Growth Reports on the Education Data Warehouse”. The workshop will build on these video tutorials, incorporating any questions that participants may have had in response to the on-line tutorials.
Cost: NO COST. Provided by the Greater Boston DSAC.
Date/Time: Wednesday December 7th, 2011. 10am-12noon.
Location: Shore Educational Collaborative, 100 Revere Beach Parkway, Chelsea MA 02150.
Presenters: Paula Girouard O’Sullivan, Lisa Hoang, GBDSAC Data Specialists.
Registration: To register, send an email to Joyce E. Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org).