- Monday, May 19: District superintendents receive email with instructions and a pass code for registering the district's choice through an online tool
- Mid to late-May: Information sessions to assist in decision-making (see below)
- May 19–June 30: District superintendents register early decision
- 12:00 p.m., Monday, June 30: Deadline for early decision submission
- 12:00 p.m., Wednesday, October 1: Deadline for decision, pending availability
To help inform districts' decision-making around this choice, the Department has been holding a series of conference calls and regional meetings for district and charter leaders. There are two upcoming conference calls: Fri 5/23 10am and Wed 5/28 10am (more information). There are also a number of 2-hour regional meetings, too many to list here, but you can find more information online.
The sessions are designed to help districts answer questions such as:
- Will my district choose to administer PARCC or MCAS tests for grades 3-8 in ELA and Mathematics in spring 2015?
- If my district chooses PARCC:
- Will my district administer the computer-based or paper-based PARCC tests?
- How would my district plan technology resources for PARCC computer-based testing?
- Will my district choose to administer spring 2015 PARCC tests in ELA and Mathematics in grade 9 and/or 11, if funding is available?
- What are the accountability implications for my choice?
In addition, the Department is hosting a PARCC 2014 "listening tour" statewide to elicit feedback from test administrators and classroom teachers on the spring 2014 administration of the PARCC field test. These regional sessions are often scheduled back-to-back with the choice information sessions mentioned above.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.