MCAS Results Highlights:
- 88% of 2015 10th graders met the state's minimum MCAS requirements for high school graduation on their first attempt (Needs Improvement or higher in ELA, math and science).
- 91% of 2015 10th graders scored proficient or advanced on the MCAS ELA assessment.
- 2015 MCAS results show that the state is continuing to narrow the achievement gap between white and African American students, and white and Hispanic/Latino students in ELA and math.
- Statewide performance improved on the ELA MCAS in all grades in 2015.
- Statewide performance improved on the math MCAS in grades 3-9 in 2015; the percentage of students performing at the proficient or advanced level in grade 10 showed no change from 2014.
- Statewide performance on the 2015 science MCAS varied by grade level.
To learn more about statewide 2015 MCAS and PARCC trends, read the Commissioner's weekly update September 25, 2015 and September 21st press release, both available on MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education website.